Weymouth Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Dorset and is well known for its dog-friendly policies. The beach itself is situated in Weymouth town center, making it easily accessible by public transport or car.
There is a large car park located next to the beach which has plenty of space for dogs and their owners to enjoy a day out at the seaside. Weymouth beach is the perfect place to bring your four-legged friend for a day of fun in the sun!
The wide, sandy expanse is perfect for playing fetch or just relaxing in the sand. And with plenty of dog waste bags and water stations dotted around, you can be sure that you and your pup will have everything you need for a paw-fect day out.
Are Dogs Allowed on Chesil Beach Weymouth?
Yes, dogs are allowed on Chesil Beach Weymouth! They must be on a leash at all times and owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets. There are several dog-friendly areas along the beach where owners can let their dogs off the leash to play and explore. Please be respectful of other beachgoers and keep your dog under control at all times.
What Beaches in Dorset Allow Dogs?
Dorset’s coastline offers a variety of dog-friendly beaches for you and your furry friend to enjoy. From the bustling seaside town of Bournemouth to the more tranquil sandy shores of Weymouth, there’s plenty of choices when it comes to finding the perfect spot to let your four-legged friend off the lead and explore. Here are our top picks for dog-friendly beaches in Dorset:
1. Bournemouth Beach: It is one of the most popular spots on the south coast, and it’s easy to see why with its wide open sands, beautiful sea views, and an array of amenities. The beach is fully equipped with disabled access, toilets, showers, and a café, making it perfect for a day out with all the family including your furry friend! Dogs are welcome on this beach all year round but must be kept on a lead between May 1st and September 30th.
2. Mudeford Sandbank Beach: This secluded beach is only accessible by foot or boat so it’s ideal if you’re looking for somewhere quiet to spend some quality time with your pooch. With stunning views across Christchurch Harbour, Mudeford Sandbank is a great place to relax and take in the natural surroundings. Dogs are welcome all year round but must be kept on leads at all times due to nesting birds in the area from April 1st until August 31st.
3. West Bay Beach ( Bridport): West Bay is quickly gaining popularity as one of Dorset’s hidden gems – thanks partly to its starring role in the ITV drama Broadchurch! As well as being picturesque, this beach also boasts an excellent range of facilities including toilet/shower blocks, a café, and plenty of parking nearby. Dogs are allowed on West Bay beach throughout the year but must be kept under close control due to steep cliffs in parts.
4. Chesil Beach (Weymouth): Chesil Beach stretches 18 miles from Portland Bill down towards Studland bay, making it one of Dorset’s longest beaches! This unique stretch of coastline is made up entirely of shingles which can make walking slightly difficult for both humans and dogs alike!
Is Durdle Door a Dog-Friendly Beach?
Durdle Door is a world-famous natural limestone arch on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, England. The beach beneath the arch is also popular with visitors, and many people ask whether their dogs are allowed on the beach. The answer is yes!
Dogs are welcome on Durdle Door beach, and there’s plenty of space for them to run around and enjoy themselves. However, there are a few things to bear in mind.
Firstly, the beach can get very busy during peak season so it’s important to keep your dog under control at all times.
Secondly, as with any beach, please clean up after your pet. There are bins provided for this purpose but if they’re full then please take your rubbish home with you.
So come and enjoy Durdle Door with your four-legged friend – just remember to be considerate of other visitors and keep your dog safe and under control at all times.
Are Dogs Allowed at Portland Bill?
Yes, dogs are allowed at Portland Bill. There is a designated dog walking area on the beach where dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. Dogs are also not allowed in any of the buildings or on any of the cliff paths.
Is Chesil Beach Dog Friendly?
Yes, Chesil Beach is a great place to bring your dog for a walk! The beach is over 18 miles long so there’s plenty of space for your pup to run around and play. Just be sure to keep them on a leash at all times and clean up after them.
There are also some great restaurants and cafes in the area that are dog-friendly, so you can enjoy a meal or snack with your furry friend by your side.
Get more: Can You Take Dogs to St Fagans
Weymouth Dog Friendly
Weymouth is a great town for dog lovers! There are plenty of things to do with your furry friend, and many businesses are accommodating to pups. Here are some of the best things to do with your dog in Weymouth:
1. Take a walk on the beach: Weymouth’s beaches are some of the most beautiful in the country, and they’re perfect for a leisurely stroll with your pup. Just be sure to clean up after your dog if they happen to make any messes!
2. Visit one of the many parks: Weymouth has several lovely parks that welcome dogs and their owners. This is a great place to let your pup run around off-leash (just be sure you’re following all posted rules).
3. Get some exercise at a dog park: If you want somewhere specifically designed for dogs to play, check out one of Weymouth’s two dog parks: Middleborough Dog Park and Central Park Dog Park. Both offer plenty of space for running, playing fetch, and socializing with other dogs.
4. Stop by a pet store or groomer: Weymouth has several pet stores and groomers that will take care of all your pet needs. Whether you need food, toys, or grooming services, you’ll be able to find it here.
5. Go out to eat: Many restaurants in Weymouth allow dogs on their patios or outdoor seating areas, so you can enjoy a meal while spending time with your four-legged friend. Just be sure to call ahead or check online before heading out so you know where you can go with your pup.
Is West Bay Beach Dog Friendly?
West Bay Beach is known for its beautiful white sand and clear blue waters, but did you know that it’s also a great place to bring your furry friend? That’s right, West Bay Beach is dog friendly! So, next time you’re planning a trip to the beach with your pup, be sure to add West Bay to your list of potential destinations. Your dog will thank you for it!
Weymouth Beach is a great place to bring your dog for a day of fun in the sun. The beach is well-known for its dog-friendly atmosphere, and there are plenty of activities for both you and your pup to enjoy. From swimming and fetching to playing in the sand, there’s something for every four-legged friend at Weymouth Beach.