Dogs are not allowed in Kew Gardens. There are a number of reasons for this, including the fact that there are many delicate and rare plants in the gardens, and dogs can damage these. In addition, Kew Gardens is a popular place for people to visit, and not everyone wants to be around dogs.
For these reasons, it is best to leave your dog at home when you visit Kew Gardens.
- Check if your dog is allowed in Kew Gardens – only assistance dogs are allowed inside the buildings and within the grounds
- If your dog is not an assistance dog, there are plenty of open spaces outside of Kew Gardens where you can enjoy a lovely walk with your furry friend including Richmond Park, Bushy Park and Home Park
- Make sure your dog is on a lead at all times whilst in Kew Gardens 4
- Be mindful of other visitors and make sure your dog does not bark excessively or disturb flower beds
How Long Does It Take to Walk Through Kew Gardens?
Kew Gardens is one of the largest and most diverse botanical gardens in the world. Covering an area of over 121 hectares, it contains more than 30,000 different species of plants. With so much to see, it’s no wonder that people often ask how long it takes to walk through Kew Gardens.
The answer depends on how much time you want to spend exploring the gardens. If you just want to walk through them quickly, you could probably do it in under two hours. However, if you want to take your time and really explore everything Kew Gardens has to offer, you could easily spend a whole day there.
Of course, the best way to experience Kew Gardens is at your own pace. So whether you have two hours or a whole day, make sure to enjoy all that this incredible place has to offer.
Can I Use My National Trust Membership for Kew Gardens?
If you have a National Trust membership, you can use it to get free entry into Kew Gardens. Just show your membership card at the entrance gate. You can also use your membership to get discounts on Kew Gardens tickets and merchandise.
Can You Take Your Own Food into Kew Gardens?
If you’re planning on spending a day at Kew Gardens, you may be wondering if you can bring your own food with you. The answer is yes! You are welcome to bring your own picnic lunch to enjoy in the gardens.
There are plenty of picnic spots to choose from, so you’ll be sure to find a spot that suits your fancy. Keep in mind that Kew Gardens does have its own cafe, so if you’d rather not pack your own lunch, there’s always that option as well.
Is Kew Gardens Worth Seeing?
Kew Gardens is one of the most popular tourist destinations in London, and for good reason. The gardens are beautiful, and there’s plenty to see and do. However, Kew Gardens can be quite crowded, especially during peak times.
If you’re thinking about visiting Kew Gardens, it’s worth considering whether or not it’s worth the crowds. Here’s a look at some of the pros and cons of visiting Kew Gardens.
- The gardens are absolutely stunning and definitely worth seeing.
- There’s a lot to see and do, including taking a boat ride through the water lily ponds or exploring the huge greenhouses full of exotic plants from all over the world.
- Kew Gardens is a great place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of central London.
- The gardens can be quite crowded, especially during peak times like weekends or holidays.
- If you want to see everything, you’ll likely need more than one day as there’s just so much to explore.
Dog Friendly Gardens to Visit near Me
Looking for a dog friendly garden to visit near you? Look no further! Here are five of the best dog friendly gardens to visit in the United States:
1. The Dog House Garden at The New York Botanical Garden: This garden is designed specifically for dogs and their owners, and features plenty of space to run around, as well as a doggy playground with agility equipment. Located in New York City.
2. The Biltmore Estate: This historic estate in Asheville, North Carolina welcomes dogs on leashes throughout the grounds, including the iconic gardens designed by Frederick Law Olmsted. Don’t miss the beautiful Conservatory while you’re here!
3. Longwood Gardens: One of America’s premier botanical gardens, Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania offers over 1,000 acres of gardens and woodlands to explore with your pup. Dogs are welcome on leash throughout most areas of the property.
4. Filoli: This 654-acre property in Woodside, California is home to extensive formal gardens that are perfect for a leisurely stroll with your four-legged friend. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times while visiting Filoli.
Can You Leave Luggage at Kew Gardens?
If you’re planning on visiting Kew Gardens, you may be wondering if you can leave your luggage somewhere. The answer is yes! There are plenty of options for luggage storage at Kew Gardens.
Here are a few of the most popular options:
1. Left Luggage at Kew Gardens: Station has left luggage facilities that are perfect for storing your belongings while you explore the gardens. Prices start at £6 per item and there is a maximum weight limit of 20kg per item.
2. Luggage Storage Lockers at Kew Gardens: There are also luggage storage lockers available at Kew Gardens. These lockers are located in the Visitor Centre and cost £2 per day (max 3 days). The advantage of these lockers is that they are climate controlled, so your belongings will be kept safe from the elements.
3. Store Your Luggage with a Local Hotel or Hostel: If you’re looking for a more convenient option, many local hotels and hostels offer luggage storage for guests. This is usually free of charge, but it’s always best to check with the hotel or hostel beforehand to confirm their policy.
Can You Bring Alcohol into Kew Gardens?
Bringing your own alcohol into Kew Gardens is perfectly acceptable, as long as you drink responsibly and within the confines of the law. There are a few things to keep in mind, however.
First and foremost, public drunkenness is illegal in England and can lead to arrest.
Secondly, while Kew Gardens does allow picnicking, please be considerate of other visitors and clean up after yourself.
Lastly, remember that glass containers are not allowed inside the gardens – so be sure to bring plastic or cans instead.
Kew Gardens is a world-famous botanical garden in London, and one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. Many people come to Kew to see the beautiful flowers and plants, but did you know that you can also bring your dog? That’s right – Kew Gardens is a great place for a walk with your four-legged friend.
There are plenty of green spaces to explore, and Dogs are welcome in all areas except for inside the glasshouses. So next time you’re planning a visit to Kew, don’t forget to include your furry friend!