Yes, it is possible for a dog to overdose on weed. Although marijuana has been found to be relatively safe for humans and other pets, dogs are especially sensitive to the psychoactive effects of THC due to their endocannabinoid system is more developed than that of humans.
An overdose can result in lethargy, confusion, loss of balance, vomiting, or worse. If your pet has ingested marijuana in any form (edible or smokable) it is important to contact a veterinarian immediately as they will know what steps must be taken next.
It’s also important to note that just because something may seem harmless does not mean it cannot cause harm if consumed improperly – so always keep your pet away from anything containing cannabis!
How Much Weed Can a Dog Ingest?
The answer depends on a few factors: the size of the dog, the type of cannabis product ingested (edibles vs smokeable), and the amount consumed. Generally speaking though, even small amounts of weed can be dangerous for dogs as they have more sensitive systems than humans do.
Ingestion could lead to vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate, depression, or worse – death in extreme cases. When considering edibles specifically though such as THC-infused baked goods – toxicity levels become an even bigger concern due to their higher potency levels compared with traditional marijuana flower buds that you would smoke from a pipe or joint.
What Happens If a Dog Eats too Much Weed?
The short answer is that it can be dangerous for them. Depending on how much marijuana was ingested and the size of the dog, there could be serious consequences ranging from mild symptoms like lethargy or vomiting to more severe reactions such as seizures or heart problems. In extreme cases, it can even lead to death.
It’s also important to note that marijuana products come in various forms edibles, oils, and tinctures. So different types of ingestion may have different effects on your pup depending on their toxicity levels and concentration of THC (the psychoactive ingredient).
For example, if your dog ingests an edible containing THC-infused chocolate or sugar then they may experience more intense side effects than if they simply ate raw plant material due to the high concentrations of ingredients in those products.
Sure, dogs can have too much of a good thing when it comes to marijuana. Just like humans, they can experience an overdose if they consume too much weed. In most cases, the symptoms are mild and include lethargy, drooling, vomiting, and even wobbling or staggering.
But in more serious cases where large amounts of THC were ingested by your pup, they may suffer from seizures and respiratory distress – which is why you should always keep cannabis products out of reach from our furry friends!